Maytag® Maxima® High Efficiency Gas Dryer with Large Capacity – 7.3 cu. ft.
For your toughest jobs, count on the power and 7.3 cu. ft. capacity of this dryer to keep your largest loads evenly dried41. And, Advanced Moisture Sensing works even harder to deliver exceptionally even drying every time. For better tumbling and even drying for small loads, an extra interior fin helps stop clothes from riding the drum in this large capacity dryer. Plus, you can even help reduce wrinkles both during and after the cycle with the Wrinkle Control cycle and Wrinkle Prevent option. We don't just tell you that Maytag® Maxima® gas dryers provide excellent drying for years, our 10-year limited parts warranty3 on the drive motor and dryer drum2 lets you know we mean it. And we're proud to say: from Marion, Ohio to you, this high efficiency dryer is designed, engineered and assembled in the U.S.A.
Largest Loads, Evenly Dried5
Advanced Moisture Sensing, monitors inside moisture and air temperatures to get your largest loads evenly dried1 every time.
Advanced Moisture Sensing
Advanced Moisture Sensing delivers even drying every time by keeping a keen eye on air temperatures and moisture levels, stopping the cycle right when clothes are dry.
Extra Interior Fin
An extra interior fin helps clothes tumble freely instead of flattening out against the drum for even drying of both small and large loads.
Designed, Engineered and Assembled in Marion, Ohio
We take pride in building strong, reliable appliances for your home. We're proud to say: from Marion, Ohio to you, this dryer is designed, engineered and assembled in the U.S.A.
10-Year Limited Parts Warranty3 on the Drive Motor and Dryer Drum2
We don't just tell you a Maytag® dryer will provide excellent drying for years: we confidently back our dryers with a 10-year limited parts warranty3 on the drive motor and drum.
Maytag® Commercial Technology
Our dryers are built to last thanks to the Maytag® Commercial Technology we put under the hood. They come standard with a durable motor and a 5-rib belt that keeps them humming along year after year.
Wrinkle Prevent Option
The Wrinkle Prevent option helps prevent wrinkles by tumbling clothes up to 120 minutes after the cycle has ended.
Wrinkle Control Cycle
A special Wrinkle Control cycle relaxes fabrics and helps keep all your outfits looking fresh and virtually wrinkle-free.
With Advanced Moisture Sensing, high-efficiency dryers save energy by stopping clothes when they're dry and not prolonging the cycle. Our high-efficiency dryers deliver over $1,200 in energy savings over the course of their lifetime.
Durable Glass Window
A durable, angled glass window keeps your laundry in line. It pushes tumbling clothes back into the center of the dryer, which aids drying performance. Plus, it's scratch and shatter resistant so you can get a peek at your clothes without worrying about the window.
Wrinkle Control Cycle and Wrinkle Prevent Option
Help keep wrinkles from forming on your favorite outfits during drying with the Wrinkle Control cycle and Wrinkle Prevent option. For seriously wrinkle-prone fabrics, set the Wrinkle Control cycle during drying and the Wrinkle Prevent option after to help keep your clothes crisp right out of the dryer.
The control panel is a cinch to use. And because it's on the front of the machine, we've included a control lock feature so you'll never change cycles by accident. It also helps stop curious kids from changing the cycle.
Configuration and Overview
Cycle and Options
Style and Extras
Measure Your Space
Add 1" to each side for air circulation.
For top-loading units, add at least 20" for door clearance.
Add at least 6" to depth for door clearance, dryer vents and hookups.
Requirements for new washer and dryer install: level floor with no more than 1" slope, location supporting a dryer exhaust system and hot and cold water lines within 3' of washer hookups.
Entrance & Doorways:
Measure doorways, hallways and entry points that new laundry pair must pass through.
Choose Front-Load or Top-Load
- Great washer performance
- Uses less water than traditional top loaders
- Safe for delicate fabrics or bulky items
- Greater capacity than most top-load models
- Units can be arranged side-by-side or stacked atop each other
- Offer good value, range of sizes, feature and prices
- Units come in a range of capacities
- Can only be arranged side-by-side
Confirm that electrical output is sufficient for the location of your new washer and dryer. You will need:
- A grounded electrical outlet within 4' of the rear of both machines (no extension cord or adapter).
- A separately designated 30 amp circuit
Set water heater to 120°F for washer.
Your home should have:
- A CST internationally approved gas supply line
- A shut-off valve
Haul away is available for replacement product purchases. Unhook and move the unit you wish to be hauled away to an area from which it can be easily removed. Haul Away Details >
We offer installation options for major appliances that do not require a gas or water hookup, and are not a built-in unit. Eligible products will display the installation service during checkout. Installation Details >
Is Your Dryer Connection Gas or Electric?
There are two dryer types — gas and electric. Similar models look and perform the same, but differ in how they’re set up. Your decision between the two depends on where you will connect your new dryer:
- Gas: needs an approved gas line with shut-off valve
- Electric: needs a three-prong outlet with 30 amp circuit
High-Efficiency: save water, energy and the environment with High-Efficiency washers.
Water Level & Balance Sensors: innovative features for less maintenance and worry.
Wrinkle Reduction Options: convenient options that help keep wrinkles out of clothes.
Moisture-sensing Cycles: moisture-sensing technology monitors dryness levels for efficient drying.
Choose Your Accessories
Pedestals: Create an area for storage and raise the front-load washer and dryer for more convenient loading and unloading.
Cleaners: Keep your new washer fresh by removing residue and odor left behind by water and detergent using Affresh™ Washer Cleaner.
Pick a Color and Finish
Most models available in: black, white and stainless steel.
Washer Maintenance Guide
Because all clothes washers have the potential to accumulate some amount of mildew, bacteria and odor after a period of use, we recommend that you perform the following simple routine maintenance:
- Always follow the instructions in the use and care guide for your washing machine.
- Always leave the washer door or lid open between uses to help dry out the washer and prevent the buildup of odor-causing residue.
- Promptly remove laundry after the wash cycle has completed to avoid odor and rusting of metal objects on garments. Wet fabric left in a closed space is particularly conducive to the development of odor.
- Use only the amount of detergent recommended on the detergent container. If your washer is a high-efficiency machine, use only HE detergent, not regular detergent.
- Choose the warmest wash water temperature that is safe for the fabrics you are washing. Use of warm or hot water washers sometimes (not exclusively cold water washes) does a better job of controlling the rate at which soils and detergent accumulate.
- Regularly clean your washing machine. If specific cleaning instructions are not included in your use and care guide, it is a good practice to run an empty cycle (without laundry) once a month using hot water and liquid chlorine bleach or a commercially available washing machine cleaner, such as Affresh™ Washer Cleaner.
There are a number of factors that can contribute to the development of mildew, bacteria and odors in washing machines, including the following:
- Not all of the water immediately evaporates after a load is complete.
- Washing machines generally are kept in somewhat closed and damp environments, such as laundry rooms and basements.
- The laundry that is put into washing machines has a wide variety of organic materials.
- Modern high-efficiency washing machines use less water and are more tightly sealed when the door or lid is closed.
- Modern high-efficiency washing machines are designed for use with specially formulated, low-sudsing high-efficiency ("HE") detergent. Regular detergent may cause excessive suds in high-efficiency machines, and excessive suds can leave a soap film that is conducive to the development of mildew, bacteria and odor.
- Over time, laundry habits have changed, including the use of less bleach, more fabric softener and more frequent cold water washes. These habits may increase the rate at which detergent and soil residue builds up inside the washer, which in turn may result in undesirable odor.
To buy replacement parts for your appliance, click here to visit our partner. > click here to visit our partner
Accessories You'll Want
Detailed dimensions of your new appliance with space requirements for the area surrounding it.
A complete description of your warranty coverage, and contact information for service and support.
Instructions for unpacking and installing your appliance, including electrical requirements and necessary tools.