Whirlpool® 4.3 cu. ft. Duet® Front Load Washer with Steam
This ENERGY STAR® qualified washer has plenty of features to help you achieve perfect results. This 4.3 cu. ft. model uses 6th Sense® technology to intelligently analyze your laundry and automatically adjust the features for just the right touch. The Precision Dispense Plus pretreats soils with detergent and starts only after the load has been treated. The FanFresh™ option with Dynamic Venting Technology™ circulates air and can dry a small load in the washer. Get complete control over your laundry.
FanFresh™ Option for up to 16 Hours
Quiet Spin 360 Technology
Now you can place your laundry pair virtually anywhere and be assured of balanced performance and vibration control. The washer takes into account where it’s installed and adapts to improve its balance over time. A built-in accelerometer and dual-ring ball-balancing keep the wash basket centered at all times.
4.3 cu. ft. Stainless Steel Wash Basket
ENERGY STAR® Qualified
Meets government standards to help conserve natural resources and save money on utility bills.
CEE Tier III Qualified
Based on the Consortium for Energy Efficiency qualified product listings--with Tier III being the most efficient. This model features advanced water & energy savings and may qualify for rebates from local utility companies.
Smart Temperature Control Helps Reduce Shrinking and Color Bleeding
The Care Control temperature management system enabled by 6th Sense™ technology helps protect your clothes by controlling water amount and temperature.
Responsive Technology Saves You Water, Energy and Money
The H2Low™ system enabled by 6th Sense™ technology uses less water per load while delivering better cleaning performance and gentleness than a traditional top load washer.
Rated a "Recommended Buy" by a leading consumer magazine
Keep Operational Sounds Inside the Washer
With the Quiet Wash noise reduction system, sound-absorbing materials around the wash basket or drum reduce operational noise.
Precision Dispense Plus
An additional dispenser allows you to load oxygenated additives for powerful stain fighting at just the right time during the cycle. The system also releases detergent, fabric softener and bleach at the correct time during the cycle for optimal fabric care.
NSF Certified Sanitize Temperature
Steam Clean Option
Penetrates deep into fabric fibers, breaking down and dissolving stains like grass and grease without pretreating.
Direct Inject Wash System
Penetrates stains and pretreats soils with a concentrated burst of detergent virtually eliminating the need to pretreat. The wash cycle begins only after the entire load has been treated.
Care Control Temperature Management System
The Care Control temperature management system adjusts the cold and hot water inlets to reach temperatures that are warm enough to dissolve detergents. Water is kept from overheating to help reduce color bleeding and to save energy.
11 Automatic Cycles
5 Temperature Settings
16 Adaptive Wash Actions
Get additional energy efficiency without giving up cleaning performance. This option lowers water temperature and increases the tumbling action to use less energy while still delivering great cleaning and gentle performance.
1,400 RPM Maximum Spin Speed
Quiet Wash Ultra Noise Reduction System
Direct Drive Motor
The direct drive motor allows the washer to spin faster, and it uses fewer moving parts, so there’s less wear and tear over time.
Stainless Steel Wash Basket
Resists odors, rust and chipping. The smooth surface helps protect delicate fabrics from snagging.
Delay Wash (up to 16 Hours)
Oxi Dispense Option
Enhances whitening performance with an eco-friendly alternative to bleach. An automatic dispenser distributes the oxygenated additive at the appropriate time, sending oxygen through the load to brighten fabrics.
Internal Water Heater
A reduced agitation speed and low spin speed provide needed fabric care without sacrificing cleaning performance.
Quick Wash Cycle
Clean small, lightly soiled loads in less time. Plus, increased spin speeds extract more water for faster dry times.
Bulky Items Cycle
Ideal for cleaning bulky items like comforters, sleeping bags, down jackets or pillows, all of which fit easily into the wash basket.
Whitest Whites Cycle
Raises water temperatures and releases bleach or an oxygen-based cleaner at the optimal moment to enhance whitening performance.
On/Off Extra Rinse Option
Cradle Clean™ Technology
Simulates hand washing during extra care cycles by "rocking" the tilted wash drum instead of spinning it.
Automatic Water Levels
Automatic water levels regulate the amount of water based on the size of the load. Only the amount needed to clean is used, increasing efficiency and helping the environment.
Add-A-Garment Indicator Light
Illuminates for the first 8 minutes of the wash cycle as a convenient reminder that forgotten items can still be added to the load in progress.
Estimated Time Remaining Display
Provides easy selection for all options, displays time remaining and status for the cycle.
The Allergen cycle has been tested to remove up to 95% of harmful allergens1 from your clothes.
Up to 8 Hour PreSoak Option
Adds extra time for soaking before the wash cycle starts. When the presoak option is complete, the wash cycle will start automatically. Select 30 minutes, 1 hour, or up to 8 hours of extra soaking time.
Configuration and Overview
Cycle and Options
Style and Extras
- 32 3/4
- 38 1/2
Measure Your Space
Add 1" to each side for air circulation.
For top-loading units, add at least 20" for door clearance.
Add at least 6" to depth for door clearance, dryer vents and hookups.
Requirements for new washer and dryer install: level floor with no more than 1" slope, location supporting a dryer exhaust system and hot and cold water lines within 3' of washer hookups.
Entrance & Doorways:
Measure doorways, hallways and entry points that new laundry pair must pass through.
Choose Front-Load or Top-Load
- Great washer performance
- Uses less water than traditional top loaders
- Safe for delicate fabrics or bulky items
- Greater capacity than most top-load models
- Units can be arranged side-by-side or stacked atop each other
- Offer good value, range of sizes, feature and prices
- Units come in a range of capacities
- Can only be arranged side-by-side
Confirm that electrical output is sufficient for the location of your new washer and dryer. You will need:
- A grounded electrical outlet within 4' of the rear of both machines (no extension cord or adapter).
- A separately designated 30 amp circuit
Set water heater to 120°F for washer.
Your home should have:
- A CST internationally approved gas supply line
- A shut-off valve
Haul away is available for replacement product purchases. Unhook and move the unit you wish to be hauled away to an area from which it can be easily removed. Haul Away Details >
We offer installation options for major appliances that do not require a gas or water hookup, and are not a built-in unit. Eligible products will display the installation service during checkout. Installation Details >
Is Your Dryer Connection Gas or Electric?
There are two dryer types — gas and electric. Similar models look and perform the same, but differ in how they’re set up. Your decision between the two depends on where you will connect your new dryer:
- Gas: needs an approved gas line with shut-off valve
- Electric: needs a three-prong outlet with 30 amp circuit
High-Efficiency: save water, energy and the environment with High-Efficiency washers.
Water Level & Balance Sensors: innovative features for less maintenance and worry.
Wrinkle Reduction Options: convenient options that help keep wrinkles out of clothes.
Moisture-sensing Cycles: moisture-sensing technology monitors dryness levels for efficient drying.
Choose Your Accessories
Pedestals: Create an area for storage and raise the front-load washer and dryer for more convenient loading and unloading.
Cleaners: Keep your new washer fresh by removing residue and odor left behind by water and detergent using Affresh™ Washer Cleaner.
Pick a Color and Finish
Most models available in: black, white and stainless steel.
Washer Maintenance Guide
Because all clothes washers have the potential to accumulate some amount of mildew, bacteria and odor after a period of use, we recommend that you perform the following simple routine maintenance:
- Always follow the instructions in the use and care guide for your washing machine.
- Always leave the washer door or lid open between uses to help dry out the washer and prevent the buildup of odor-causing residue.
- Promptly remove laundry after the wash cycle has completed to avoid odor and rusting of metal objects on garments. Wet fabric left in a closed space is particularly conducive to the development of odor.
- Use only the amount of detergent recommended on the detergent container. If your washer is a high-efficiency machine, use only HE detergent, not regular detergent.
- Choose the warmest wash water temperature that is safe for the fabrics you are washing. Use of warm or hot water washers sometimes (not exclusively cold water washes) does a better job of controlling the rate at which soils and detergent accumulate.
- Regularly clean your washing machine. If specific cleaning instructions are not included in your use and care guide, it is a good practice to run an empty cycle (without laundry) once a month using hot water and liquid chlorine bleach or a commercially available washing machine cleaner, such as Affresh™ Washer Cleaner.
There are a number of factors that can contribute to the development of mildew, bacteria and odors in washing machines, including the following:
- Not all of the water immediately evaporates after a load is complete.
- Washing machines generally are kept in somewhat closed and damp environments, such as laundry rooms and basements.
- The laundry that is put into washing machines has a wide variety of organic materials.
- Modern high-efficiency washing machines use less water and are more tightly sealed when the door or lid is closed.
- Modern high-efficiency washing machines are designed for use with specially formulated, low-sudsing high-efficiency ("HE") detergent. Regular detergent may cause excessive suds in high-efficiency machines, and excessive suds can leave a soap film that is conducive to the development of mildew, bacteria and odor.
- Over time, laundry habits have changed, including the use of less bleach, more fabric softener and more frequent cold water washes. These habits may increase the rate at which detergent and soil residue builds up inside the washer, which in turn may result in undesirable odor.
Accessories You'll Need
Accessories You'll Want
To buy replacement parts for your appliance, click here to visit our partner.
Detailed dimensions of your new appliance with space requirements for the area surrounding it.
A complete description of your warranty coverage, and contact information for service and support.
Use & Care Guide
Comprehensive information about your new appliance - from getting started to cleaning and maintenance.
Instructions for unpacking and installing your appliance, including electrical requirements and necessary tools.